Spoof & Fraudulent Emails
Business Email Imposters
We have always worked very hard to be a reputable and reliable business. We use technology to help us be more responsive, better prepared, and highly communicative with both our customers and vendors. Technology is wonderful but unfortunately, there are individuals who use technology to commit fraud.
Recently we have seen an increase in emails impersonating employees at JH Technologies. Below is a list of recent fraudulent emails we have seen. The emails are falsely trying to represent JH Technologies or one of our staff members:
- Any email coming from JH Technologies should have the following address @jhtechnologies.com. Any variation is fraudulent. A recent example of a fraudulent emails is someone posing as one of our staff with the following email address ...@jhtechnologiesinc.com. The added "inc" is incorrect.
- actual example From: ......<...@jhtechnologiesinc.com> Sent: Monday, November 14, 2022 12:12 PM
- If you receive a credit sheet from us without specifically asking for it that is a fraudulent email.
- If you receive a credit sheet from us, check it carefully to match our address and phone number info with our website. Here is a link to our information page with accurate addresses Contact us.
- If you receive a purchase order from us that asks you to ship anywhere but one of our locations (Contact us) please call us to confirm the location.
For more information on cybersecurity please go to the Federal Trade Comission page https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/small-businesses/cybersecurity/basics
Be diligent and report fraud as soon as you see it to https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Cybersecurity is critical in todays world. We are working hard to protect our clients, our suppliers, and ourselves. Please be vigilante as this problem exists for all of us. Together we can stop this fraud and abuse.